Photo by Chris Montgomery on Unsplash
Have you considered adding webinars to your online marketing strategy in the past but ultimately decided against it because you didn’t want to deal with the pressure of hosting a live event or the technical complications that others in your industry have experienced?
If so, then there is a solution for you and your business.
In this post, I’m going to explain the following:
- How webinar marketing automation can allow you to implement webinars in your business without any of the stress.
- What to look for in the best webinar marketing automation software 2023
- More tips to make the most out of your automated webinar
Let’s get started!
1. You don’t have to worry about being perfect.
Photo by Austin Distely on Unsplash
The biggest worry most people have when contemplating webinars is actually presenting or hosting webinars. While some people love presenting to an audience, others fear it and any form of public speaking more than death itself.
Here’s a typical webinar format to use:
- Welcome the audience and ask questions (5 minutes),
- Introduce yourself (5 minutes)
- Present informative content (30 – 40 minutes),
- Introduce your product or service (10 minutes),
- Answer questions (? minutes).
For a live webinar, this means that you will be live for at least an hour, if not longer. For those that don’t like speaking, this will be the longest hour of your life.
If you are one of those people that hate the idea of being live, automated webinar software will help. Instead of hosting live webinars, you can pre-record your webinar and only put it out there once you are satisfied with the quality.
Since you are pre-recording your webinar, you don’t have to struggle with delivering your content while trying to calm your nerves.
You can simply start by thinking of each recording attempt as a dress rehearsal. Without the pressure of knowing a live audience is going to hear you stumble and knowing that you can just start over if you hate how it’s going, you will be much more relaxed. That relaxation will lead to a great webinar recording.
Best of all, you don’t have to be 100% perfect, even when pre-recording for an automated webinar. People expect that there will be a mistake or two in a webinar. So if you have a quick stumble while recording your future webinars, it just makes for a more authentic presentation. But if you have a huge one, you can always start from scratch or edit it out.
2. You don’t have to worry about something else going wrong during the live show.
Anyone who has ever attended a live webinar has probably listened to a presenter troubleshoot a problem during the presentation. The common problems that happen on live webinars and online meetings include the following:
- A host or guest forgets to show up.
- Attendees are having trouble getting in.
- The webinar platform is having trouble staying connected.
- The presenter can’t get their headset/microphone to work.
- The host can’t transfer control of the presentation to the presenter.
- People can’t hear the presenter or see their screen.
- The presenter’s connection gets disrupted in the middle of the presentation.
- The presenter’s screen freezes in the middle of the presentation.
- The presenter has trouble switching from slides to a live demo.
The longer it takes to troubleshoot a technical difficulty in the middle of a live webinar, the more attendees you will lose. And the worse the technical difficulty is, the less likely you will be able to use that live webinar presentation as your replay.
These potential problems are not a concern when you use automated webinar software. Since you are pre-recording the webinar, you are in full control.
If you have technical difficulties, you can just start over again. If a host or guest speaker doesn’t show up for the recording, you can just reschedule.
In other words, you don’t have to worry about looking bad in front of your audience. With automated webinar software, you will have the confidence to know your presentation is free of technicalities that might turn off your audience.
3. You don’t have to worry about finding a partner.
One thing essential for doing a live webinar successfully is having a partner for the event. Even if you don’t need someone to introduce you, you will need someone to make sure there are no technical problems, answer questions in the chat, and pick the best questions from the chat for your Q&A.
With automated webinar software, you won’t need a partner to do those things because you can make sure there are no technical issues when pre-recording your webinar or playing it back, and you can either let the chat run itself or answer questions yourself.
When pre-recording, you can even answer questions that you think people will ask or ones that will allow you to generate leads and increase the sale of your product or service.
If you do want someone to introduce you, but you don’t have a partner, you can always look to services like Fiverr. Write up a script of how you would like someone to introduce you, plus any other welcome details you’d like them to say, then find someone who does script reading and voice overs to be your “host” for the webinar.
Overlay the resulting audio file they sent you with some introduction slides, and you’ll be all set. This tactic will make your automated webinar feel more “live” for those with that goal.
4. You don’t have to worry about whether your audience can download the software.
Technical issues don’t just happen on the presenter’s end – they can happen for your audience as well.
Have you ever tried to attend a webinar and missed out because you didn’t download the software before it filled up? With automated webinar software, you don’t have to worry about your audience missing out.
When your audience goes to watch the webinar, all they will need is their speakers turned up or their headphones plugged in. Without any need for downloads or permission configuration, they will be able to watch the webinar and participate in the chat on the desktop, tablet, or mobile browsers.
5. You don’t have to worry about choosing the perfect time for all attendees.
There are countless articles out there about the best time to choose for your live webinar. And guess what? Everyone else running a webinar will likely choose that same spot, meaning that you could be competing with others to get a live audience.
With automated webinar software, you can choose to give a select number of times that people can attend “live.” Or perhaps, give your audience the ultimate convenience of attending your next webinar marketing plan at various times throughout the day, week, month, and even year, depending on how long you want to run your campaign.
6. You don’t have to worry about having a problematic chat box.
Photo by Volodymyr Hryshchenko on Unsplash
Like the idea of having your webinar registrants be able to chat during the virtual events, but don’t like the idea of having a chat box that has no activity, which will signal to others that they might be the only ones on? That’s not something you have to worry about with automated webinar software.
For chat boxes, you have several options to choose from. If you don’t mind hanging out on the chat when you have your webinars scheduled, you can “be live” and chat with people as the host of the webinar to answer questions and moderate discussions. You can also let the chat run as part of the webinar automation, moderate out any bad comments, and have the best chat comments replay during future automated webinar presentations.
7. You don’t have to worry about being asked questions you don’t know how to answer.
While you don’t have to know it all, being able to answer any questions your attendees ask during a webinar will help you build your reputation as an authority. When you use automated webinar software to deliver pre-recorded webinars, you have a few options.
- First, you can pre-record your webinar with questions and answers that you choose yourself. You can choose to answer questions that are both relevant to the content portion of your presentation as well as questions that answer pre-sales questions for your products and services.
- Second, you can do a hybrid webinar – a combination of live and automated webinars. For instance, you can have the first part of the webinar be the playback of your pre-recorded webinar session, and then you can answer questions live from your attendees after that has finished.
The key to the latter tactic is to make sure you are able to seamlessly switch from the automated webinar to your live Q&A without the audio sounding completely different. Make sure you are in the same environment and using the same microphone or headset to make the transition smooth.
8. You don’t have to worry about the webinar replay not getting recorded.
One of the most annoying things that can happen after a live webinar is finding out that the event was not recorded or the file of the recording is somehow corrupted. With automated webinar software, you are pre-recording your webinar and, thus, ensuring that there is a replay available.
Automated webinar platforms will even allow you to have a limited-time replay page to push the live feeling further. And as long as your attendees have a stable internet connection, they still watch your webinar replays.
9. You don’t have to worry about whether your presentation converts.
Split testing is a great way to ensure that your content will deliver conversions. Unfortunately, with live webinars, your split testing options are limited. Sure, you can try to split tests with live webinars, but that means you will have to do heavy promotion for a new audience each time you want to try something new.
With automated webinar software, you can split-test a number of different portions of your webinar. You can split-test your introduction, main presentation, sales pitch, timing, order, etc. The software will measure the results of different split tests with your attendees to help you determine what combination works best for conversions.
10. You don’t have to worry about what message to send to attendees afterward.
After a live webinar ends, many webinar platforms give you the option to send a message to attendees once the live event has ended. Often, it’s the same message that is sent to everyone, regardless of whether they only attended for five minutes, the whole event, or not at all.
The best-automated webinar software not only integrates seemingly with many different email marketing and automation platforms, but it also will help you segment your webinar attendees so you can send them the most appropriate message.
- If someone registers but doesn’t attend at all, you can send them an email to say that there is another “live” event coming up that they can attend, so they don’t miss out.
- If someone registers but drops off before the main content presentation begins, you can send them an email that invites them to another “live” event so that they can catch the great content they missed.
- If someone registers but drops off before the sales pitch, you can send them an email that lets them know more about the product or service they missed hearing about, plus a few answers to the top questions you answered.
- If someone registers and attends the entire event but doesn’t buy, you can send them an email that further tries to sell them your product or service.
As you can see, these are all emails that would not be relevant to everyone that registered for your event. More importantly, these emails not only ensure you don’t lose fans due to poor messaging but also ensure you will make more sales with the right attendee segment.
11. You don’t have to worry about the technical stuff.
Don’t let technology hold you back from webinar marketing. Although there are lots of technical elements when it comes to webinar marketing, you can stop worrying about them when investing in the best-automated webinar software in 2023.
You can pre-record your future automated webinar campaign with the recording software you already use. You can use free or paid screen recording tools like:
- Movavi Screen Capture
- Tiny Take
- Google+ Hangouts
- or even Blab + ManyCam
For email marketing, marketing automation, and funnel design
You can integrate the automated webinar platform with the services you are likely already using:
- and many others.
Before setting up your first automated webinar
For analytics tracking, software integration, registration page setup, video uploading, etc. – you can get full support with automated webinar software for free. This means that you can just pre-record your webinar, tell support how you want it to run, and they will handle the rest.
12. You don’t have to worry about coordinating with a team to run the webinar smoothly.
Creating a webinar marketing plan can be challenging, especially when you have to rely on a team to execute it flawlessly. But with the help of automated webinar software, you can streamline your efforts and focus on delivering a top-notch webinar experience for your audience.
No more last-minute changes or missed deadlines! Automated webinar software enables you to create a seamless process that eliminates the need for constant communication with your team. This means you can focus on the content and make sure your webinar is engaging, informative, and, most importantly, generates leads.
Gone are the days of worrying about technical difficulties or communication breakdowns with your team during the live show. With automated webinar software, you can rest assured that everything is running smoothly, leaving you free to focus on your audience and deliver an exceptional webinar experience.
13. You don’t have to worry about losing your investment.
If everything in this post sounds good, then it’s time to start your first webinar marketing campaign. With StealthSeminar’s automated webinar software, you don’t have anything to lose.
Try us out for 30 days – if you decide against webinar marketing, you can get a full refund of your first month of service with no questions asked. And regardless, there are no long-term commitments – you can come and go as often as you like!
Sounds good? Then get started to create successful automated webinars today!