In recent posts, we’ve discussed what a webinar is, how to plan and create a webinar funnel, and we even shared how to get our proven webinar landing page template. In this post, we’re discussing what might be the most important piece of your webinar funnel – your webinar registration page. That may seem like a bold statement, but keep reading, and it will make perfect sense.
A typical webinar funnel looks like this:
Webinar landing page → Webinar thank you page → Webinar event page → Call to Action (CTA page)
A high converting webinar registration page is the first and most important piece of any webinar funnel. Why are webinar landing pages so critical? Simply put, they are what determines whether or not your visitors will sign up for your webinar. If they aren’t compelled by the webinar page design and copy, they’ll never make it to the end of the funnel. That means you might not make money from their visit!
Webinar Page Tips
What makes a good, high converting landing page? First, it needs to explain what someone who watches your automated or live webinar can expect. There should be no doubt as to the subject matter that will be covered.
Your webinar landing page should explain the benefits of attending your webinar, it needs to be easy to read, and it shouldn’t be terribly long. Like your webinar landing page, each webinar page in your funnel should be simple.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Don’t waste your audience’s time with a bunch of unnecessary text, multiple pictures, and confusing sign-up forms. Less is more in this case.
- Your pages should have plenty of white space so they are easy to read.
- You need a clear and large font, enough for the average reader to be able to see. Make the entire process a breeze for your audience.
Pro tip: Go through your entire funnel on your own to ensure every page works. If you can, have some friends or colleagues go through it as well to give you feedback on each page.
Steps to Guarantee Attendees Through Webinar Landing Pages
Webinars let you connect with your audience and establish your credibility in the business. By running one, you accomplish these things:
- Build a relationship
- Command attention
- Educate about your industry
These help build trust as you present your products and services transparently. But even if these all sound great, you need to make sure you have an audience. There’s really no point in doing it if you don’t have viewers.
Well, the good news is, you can guarantee attendees by customizing a webinar landing page designed to encourage registrants. Here are the steps on what you need to do.
1. Identify your target audience
Do demographic research by asking questions such as:
- What specific age range and gender will I target?
- What pain points am I trying to alleviate for my target audience?
- What are the common interests of my target audience?
Knowing the answers to these questions let you reach out to your audience in targeted ways.
2. Optimize your headlines
A bold headline and subheads are essential as most people will only read them and skip the rest of your content. This means your headline has to be dynamic and continue to engage the reader down the page. If your headline is able to hook the reader, they’re more likely to register.
Tips for creating an engaging headline:
- Add numbers: Think “Top 10 Secrets” or “5 Easy Steps.”
- Don’t oversell: Highlight the problem you want to solve, no one wants to hear a sales pitch.
- Ask a question: This captures the interests of the audience and is also great for search queries
3. Write good copy
Getting people to read more past the headline doesn’t mean you’ve won the battle. If your copy is dry and full of errors, you’ll still lose your readers.
When you write your landing page copy, aim to be consistent with your messaging all throughout. Keep the benefits and selling points similar and remember, you’re selling one thing: your webinar.
Other things to keep in mind when writing copy:
- Add social proof through customers who previously attended your past webinars and are willing to give you good testimonials. Those visiting your page will believe the word of a customer over the word of a businessman.
- Your copy should feel conversational — a one-way conversation you’re having with a reader. Don’t be afraid to use that connection through words like “you.”
- Edit and proofread your copy to prevent any significant errors. Use any checking tools like Grammarly to ensure your content is grammatically correct and don’t commit unintentional plagiarism.
- Avoid keyword stuffing. This makes your text appear awkward and something that search engines penalize for.
4. Use high-quality images and videos
Nobody likes to go through massive blocks of text unless they want to read a book. Use a bit of style and flair to your page design by adding some images and teaser videos.
But this doesn’t mean you have to fill up your page with clusters of images and videos that end up looking like a scrapbook. Limit and use them in a way to draw viewers in.
Quality over quantity: Make sure your media is relevant and portrays what your target customers want and need. A video of yourself explaining what your webinar topic is about is a nice way to establish credibility.
4. Add a strong call to action
A call to action (CTA) is what convinces your potential attendees to take part in your webinar and say “Yes!” A strong CTA is crucial to increase registrations and your click-through rates. This is why you have to make sure your CTA button is big enough to get noticed without occupying the entire page.
Use a contrasting color for your CTA buttons to make them stand out on the page, drawing the customer’s eye to it. Another good idea is to place a sign-up form on the page and highlight the required form fields to emphasize.
Here are some CTA tips to help you achieve a higher conversion rate:
- Make CTA buttons large enough and link them to your opt-in or sign-up form.
- Make sure that the color scheme attracts attention but doesn’t interrupt the rest of your landing page design.
- Situate your CTA button above the fold so that readers don’t have to scroll down the page.
- Try to consider adding subtle clues like a small arrow pointing to the button.
- Don’t infuse your services into your CTAs. Your products and offers should come later as these might scare off your potential customers.
Don’t stress if it’s not perfect in the beginning. Remember, you can test and tweak until you get it right. Then, once you perfect your formula, you can keep using it over and over again to make money. In fact, you can use the system you create to generate additional webinars and money-making streams as well. Once you get started with webinar funnels, the possibilities are endless.
If you have to spend multiple paragraphs explaining why someone would want to attend your next webinar, you’ve already lost them. Take a look at these webinar registration pages, and observe what they did right.
Templates to Follow
When you prepare for a webinar, landing pages will do most of the heavy lifting on your behalf. You can use one of these as your webinar landing page template to convert social, organic, and referral visitors into attendees for your next presentation.
Check out these landing page templates for inspiration, or maybe, model yours after.
In this example from Sam Bell, founder of PPC Boutique, the host is telling you critical information that compels the visitor to sign up.
- It explains exactly when the webinar will be taking place.
- The host also shares the reasons attendees should watch the presentation.
- There is a countdown on the page, creating a sense of urgency.
- Finally, there’s a clear space to sign up to attend.
Our own landing page is simple and to the point. We explain why clients should attend and give them an opportunity to apply for a Hot Seat to get coached on how to improve webinar success.
We share when the training is being held, what the presentation is about, and include a simple sign-up or webinar registration form. A webinar registration page doesn’t have to be complicated to convert.
Here’s another example of a simple, high converting webinar landing page from Regina Dawson. As you can see, the host uses an eye-catching headline. Who wouldn’t want to learn how to make a career change?
She also explains exactly what you’re going to learn in her presentation and invites you to click to get instant access. The host also includes a warning that space is limited. This, along with a countdown, compels the viewer to sign up quickly so they won’t miss out.
Finally, if someone tries to leave the webinar landing page, a pop-up window appears, prompting visitors to fill-up the webinar registration form one last time before leaving. These exit pop-ups are also surprisingly high converting and powerful, and we highly recommend including them on your web pages to increase conversions.
We Make it Easy to Design Webinar Funnel Pages
There are several pieces you need for your funnel, but luckily, if you are a StealthSeminar customer, we give you everything you need to build your funnels quickly. Not only do we give you high converting webinar landing page templates that are easy to customize, but we also give you templates for countdown pages, webinar registration pages, presentation pages, and more.
Our free, automated webinar school provides you with all the tools to develop a successful webinar that converts faster, making the process easier than you might think. We’ll even host all the pages for your webinar funnel. No coding, no hassle – just add your information and effectively plug and play without the nuisance.
Or if you would prefer to host your pages on your own website, you can do that too. Bottom line – with StealthSeminar in your corner, you’ll be well on your way to creating automated webinars that convert in no time.
It’s Time to Make More Money with Webinars
When you have to be present in your business, you are capped in terms of how much money you can make. Webinars that run on autopilot help you to make more money when you’re offline, doing something else for your business, on vacation, or even asleep!
If you’re ready to stop trading dollars for hours, remove the cap on your income, and build a webinar funnel that converts, StealthSeminar can help. We want to see you succeed. That’s why we give you all the tools necessary to set yourself up for a win. Start making more money in your business with webinars this year. Sign up for a free 30-day trial here today!