In our recent post, we discussed what a webinar is and how it works. In this post, we’ll continue building on that knowledge by sharing the best method for the creation of a webinar sales funnel.
Taking your time and properly planning a webinar funnel is critical to your success. Get it right, and you can take your business revenue to untold new heights. Get it wrong, and you could end up wasting valuable time and resources and be left with nothing to show for it.
We want you to be the former, so let’s dive in!
- Webinar funnels are a powerful tool for generating leads and sales.
- Planning and promoting make a successful webinar funnel.
- Use a webinar platform like StealthSeminar for automation and broadcasting.
Creating a Webinar Funnel – The Prep Work
When building webinar funnels, it’s best to focus on the value the webinar will offer the audience. Here are the initial steps for your next webinar funnel process.
Define Your Target Audience
The first and most important step to create a webinar funnel is to define your target market. You wouldn’t start a business without thinking about who you are selling to, and the same is true for planning webinar funnels.
It’s in your best interest to be crystal clear on who your webinar funnel will be for. That will help guide you on everything from coming up with the best webinar funnel topic to what subtopics to discuss in your presentation – which brings us to the next step.
Choose Your Webinar Topic
Choose the content topic for your webinar presentation. While your business may offer many products or services, focus on one core offer, and you can develop your first sales webinar presentation.
Hint: if you offer more than one product or service, you can always develop additional sales webinars geared towards selling those later.
Consider which webinar funnel will best serve your audience, and conduct free training to give them valuable lessons that can easily transition into a sales pitch and generate leads for your core offer without seeming “salesy” or “spammy.”
Pro Tip: Don’t make your entire presentation about pitching your products and services.
While the ultimate goal for your webinar sales funnel is clearly to make sales, remember that the best way to earn the trust of your webinar attendees and demonstrate your expertise is to first deliver maximum value to them. With that in mind, your objective for your first webinar funnel should be to have your audience think, “Wow, if they are giving me this much information for free, I wonder what I would get out of buying from them.”
Structuring the Sections of Your Webinar Video
A common question we hear from our clients trying to decide how to plan a webinar funnel is, “How should I structure my sales funnel presentation for the best results?” We cover this extensively in our free webinar school, but here’s a quick overview of the best method for how to organize your own webinar funnel presentation:
- Begin with your face on the screen so your audience can see you (This gives your business a much-needed human element, and people want to buy from people, not companies.)
- Share a statistic or contrarian viewpoint.
- Your statistics can either be something shocking about your industry or just something most people might not know. An example of a statistic would be “20 percent of all businesses fail within the first year.” This gets the audience’s attention and makes them curious if you can offer a way to beat the odds.
- A contrarian viewpoint is something that goes against the grain. In some cases, it’s the exact opposite of what “most people” would consider being true about a subject. An example of a contrarian viewpoint would be, “Most people think the key to the Law of Attraction is stating affirmations and thinking positive thoughts, but the reality is that you need to put in serious action to see results.”
- Explain the three subtopics related to the main topic that you will be discussing in your presentation. Why three? We have found this to be the optimal number to generate the highest sales conversions.
- Give your audience an incentive to stay to the end. This could be:
- A free eBook
- A consultation/ one-on-one call
- An email swipe file
- Your slides from your presentation or some other freebie
- Introduce yourself and share why you are an expert on your subject. This is your chance to prove that your audience should listen to you.
- Invite interaction with your audience as you share your knowledge with polls, surveys and questions.
- Now, you’ll do a deep dive into your three subtopics.
- Next, take some questions from your audience and answer them.
- Then, you will ease into your soft sales presentation. At this point, your potential customers should be primed and ready to learn more about buying from you.
- Finally, you will make your sales pitch, thank your attendees for their attention, and conclude your presentation.
Learn more about how to record your live webinar in our “Recording Your Automated Webinar” module of the free webinar school. In it, we cover recording software, options for creating your slides, and how to obliterate objections to your sales offer. We even give you our proven profitable funnel template for simple slides with high conversion rates.
Defining Your Webinar Funnel
Before you create an automated webinar funnel, you should have an awesome recording of your video presentation. This is where things get really exciting because now you’re going to draft a webinar marketing plan that allows you to turn that recording into an ATM – automatic transaction machine.
While the idea of a webinar sales funnel might feel intimidating, it doesn’t have to be. In fact, the structure of webinar funnels can be as simple as this:
Promotion Strategies → Webinar Registration Page → Thank You for Registering Page → Webinar → Free Bonus Content → Offer Page(s) + Retargeting Strategies
Or visually like this:
In future posts, we plan to go more in-depth with many of the steps for how to create a webinar funnel, but for now, we’ll briefly discuss each of these elements mentioned above.
Once you have an awesome webinar recording, you’ll want to leverage that recording to make as many sales as possible. The best way to do that is to set it up to run automatically over and over again so that more people can see it.
The easiest way to do this is to sign up with StealthSeminar and have it broadcast multiple times a day as if it were a live webinar.
Then, you’ll need to promote it to everyone on different social platforms to drive traffic and get as many high-quality leads as you can to your high-converting landing page. What we mean by qualified leads is the right leads, and that is your target audience. In other words, you’ll want to promote it primarily to people who will actually care about the content you’re sharing.
To expedite your efforts, we recommend these posts featuring tips for promoting your webinar:
- Automated Webinar School
- 10 Unique Ways to Get People to Flock to Your Webinars
- 5 Strategies to Get More Webinar Attendees
- 6 Ways to Promote Your Upcoming Webinar on Social Media Organically
- 14 Free Ways to Promote Your Webinar
Best Webinar Registration page Practices
All that traffic you’re generating needs a place to go to sign up for your webinar. The place you should drive your potential webinar attendee traffic to is called a Webinar Registration page. A webinar registration page is similar to a landing page in the traditional sales funnel, which is commonly used by many marketers.
The webinar landing page of your webinar registration needs to feature all the reasons that will encourage people to attend. It should also include a simple registration form for your visitors to register by giving you their email address and first name. You’ll need this information for future marketing and retargeting efforts. At the same time, this method helps you capture email leads and collect email addresses with ease.
What Should Be Included on a Thank You Page
Once people sign up on your sales funnel, they are taken to a “Thank You” page. The most important element that should be on your thank you page is the information pertaining to how your would-be audience can view your webinar.
Ideally, your Webinar Thank You Page turns into your Webinar Event Page, so if people are registering for your next event, they are already on the proper URL. You should also say “thank you” on the page to let your attendees know that you appreciate that they signed up to watch your online webinar.
Your Webinar Broadcasting Page
When you use StealthSeminar, you can either use our distraction-free link to broadcast your automated webinar or you can broadcast it from a page on your own website. Our support staff can help you with this if you need more information.
Free Bonus Content
Offering an incentive to keep your webinar leads watching until the end is a fabulous way to ensure your audience will stay engaged and get the most value from sticking around. We highly suggest reading our post “9 Ways to Keep Webinar Attendees Engaged Until the End” to get even more ideas.
Offer Page(s) + Retargeting Strategies
Offer pages are the ones where you will link to the sales offer you pitch within your webinar. In them, you should include a recap of all the benefits your prospect will enjoy should they decide to make a purchase. You’ll also want to include pricing information, payment plans, and refund policies on these pages.
What if they don’t buy during the broadcast? That’s where retargeting strategies come into play. Send follow-up emails to all those who don’t convert from your contact list. We recommend reading these posts to convert more registrants into customers:
- How to Generate Revenue from Webinar Attendees That Didn’t Buy
- Increase Conversions and Add Urgency to Your Sales Pages with Deadline Funnel
- Facebook Pixels: A Guide for Remarketing and Conversion Tracking
- Using Webinar Software to Drive Success
- How Can Online Webinar Software Increase Profits?
Troubleshooting Your Webinar and Marketing Funnel
The truth is that even after you learn how to build a webinar and a marketing sales funnel, there will be some trial and error involved. You might need to practice several times and make tweaks until you develop a “tried and true” webinar funnel that converts. The good news is once you figure it out, your business can then earn revenue on autopilot.
We won’t lie to you – you may not get it right with your first, second, or even third webinar. However, using webinars to generate more leads and get more money is significantly easier and less expensive than many of the marketing strategies being recommended to online marketers these days.
With automated webinar software and a killer webinar funnel, there’s no limit to how much money your business could stand to earn. Our goal is to help you get there faster and with less effort than you might think.
StealthSeminar Makes Creating Webinar Funnels Easy
Want to get your feet wet in the webinar game before you fully commit to an automated webinar sales funnel software? StealthSeminar is the only company that offers a free 30-day trial without asking for your credit card information up-front.
You can test out all our bells and whistles and even create your first webinar sales funnel for free by signing up here today. We can’t wait to help you design a webinar marketing plan that takes your business to the next level.